Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins


This recipe has to be one of the easiest on the face of the planet. A can of pumpkin puree plus a box of spice cake mix will bring you the most delicious muffins you will ever taste. The ingredients are by no means gourmet, but none-the-less, satisfying.

While in college, I longed for a church that I could call "home"-- one that I could serve in and feel a part of.  I hopped from place to place my freshman year and finally found a church family at Dayton Avenue at the beginning of my sophomore year. I sang on the music team and got to know Bruce and Becky, the worship pastor and his wife, pretty well. One Christmas, I joined them at their house for a Christmas music party where Becky served these muffins. One bite and I was begging her for the recipe. Turns out there was hardly anything to the recipe at all. It's not often that you find a recipe that you can memorize the first time you see it!

These muffins are dense and moist, decidedly pumpkin-y with just the right amount of spice. A lack of oil and eggs make this recipe "healthier" than most, although you'd never know it by the taste. These muffins taste indulgent even though the ingredients list says differently.

Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 12 - 15 muffins
Total Time: Under 30 minutes plus cooling time

1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1 spice cake mix


Combine pumpkin puree and spice mix in a large bowl.


Stir until cake mix is thoroughly combined with the pumpkin. 

Watch out for hidden lumps of flour. An electric mixer can help minimize lumps.


Portion into a greased muffin pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


Recipe from Becky T.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi - I am a new friend of your moms from Baptist Church Planters. It looks like you began blogging about the same time I did.

    I love trying new recipes, especially from "real" people. I will enjoy reading down through your posts and keeping up with you. Thank you for enhancing my culinary skills! Looks yummy!!!

    Blessings, Margi Deeks

    ReplyDelete